Thursday, June 29, 2006
Goa Part 2
the second day we headed on to the chapel of francis xavier (where his body is) and saw the cathedral next to it too ... beautiful old churches .. wish someone wud restore them!! then we headed on to the next religious destinations namely the mangeshi and shantadurga temples (astonishing the number of temples in a place so dominantly catholic).

Then came the only so-called disappointment of the trip cos when we reached the state-owned spice gardens which were closed cos of the rains. but it was all ok cos v got more time to spend over our next seafood oriented meal!!

and then we headed to "ancestral goa" where they hav recreated old goa and the way they used to live in portuguese times.. thats all good but they hav put these amazing robotic women as guides who rattle off recorded gems like "in earlier times there were no newspapers so there used to be a khabri who wud go from village to village telling latest news" but to be fair, they had tried to recreate it as authentically as they cud!!

then v got on a sea cruise which was also s'posed to have folk dances but mostly there were horribly unfit people dancing vulgarly to latest himesh yuckiya songs... but we stayed on the lower deck where there
was no one .. just us and the sea !! and we got our feet wet in the rain that was splashing in from the sides ... it was sooo amazing!!

then we headed to colva beach and watched 2 goa ppl fishing for fishies which had been caught in the sea current an brought into the shallow pools made along the beach.

we ended off our second day in goa by going shoppin for i love goa tees and found a beautiful flower market right in the middle of a dense marketplace!! and retired back amazed by all the discoveries of this day..

the last day was just caught up with getting ready to get to the airport on time and i got a huge reality check wit mrs.scatty's fone call!! but all's well ... i went to goa didnt i?????

and now i have a dream ... a dream to go back to beautiful, green, romantic, unapologetic and truly content Goa.


Posted by Picasa
posted by Ipshi @ 4:50 pm  
6 Comments:
  • At Thu Jun 29, 05:12:00 pm, Blogger eisha said…

    cool pics... so when are u wearing those tees??
    by the way thanks alot for the post card and the beautiful earrings :)

     
  • At Thu Jun 29, 05:14:00 pm, Blogger Ipshi said…

    no prob yaar .. anytime!! btw .. i got those tees for my nieces... not for me!!

     
  • At Thu Jun 29, 06:11:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    u went to goa without telling us????????? U moron!!! Glad u had a good time!! But most importantly....amazing work managing a holiday with mom and bf!! Next time we meet, i m coming with a book and pen to take down tips from u ;-))

    Btw....its his b'day today....maybe u cud wish him .... :-))

     
  • At Mon Jul 03, 12:43:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Splendidly expressed post.. i just re-lived the entire weekend! Love you sooooooooo much.. once again thanks for coming over!
    My promise to you, i'll make that dream come true!
    Dodo.. u forgot about the footsie dance we had on the cruise!
    As they say.. self-praise is the lowest form of wit, but i'd still express, the pics have come up really well!
    Take care and God Bless!

     
  • At Mon Jul 03, 04:11:00 pm, Blogger Ipshi said…

    footsie dance we had ??? poochna padega what u mean by that... and u did an amazing job wit the pics .. they r all amazing!!

     
  • At Thu Feb 01, 05:49:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Best regards from NY! » »

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

It is only in my 30s that I have realised I will never be the elegant lady who can wear white without spilling something on it. I recognise my blessings like my family, my friends & my job & I am letting go of my fears of writing & just jumping in. I love my job. It has given me the opportunity to live in a city where I am surrounded by the most amazing friends in the world & the most surreal experiences. It also gives me the opportunity to read great books & travel to fascinating new countries. Join me as I share these with the world.

My fotos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ipshi. Make your own badge here.
My mood right now

Yahoo! Avatars

My Oniomania

Links
Rambles in days gone by
Months of blah
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
 
 

Virtual human development game
free human development game
www.human-age.com