Tuesday, July 18, 2006
blockin blogs???????
today i felt like someone had cut off my oxygen line when i was 5000 ft below sea level ... treading water ... why u may ask...

that is because india's govt. has banned blogging sites like blogspot.com.. can u imagine???? this is supposed to be a democratic country!! they say it is to stop terrorists from interacting thro blogs ... but shudnt the "intelligence of this country"find out who r these specific blogs and who r the ppl accessing them rather than putting such a blanket ban on all things bloggy ...

ppl like me who just use the blog as a way of travelling the world or showing my friends whats happenin in my life shudnt b punished costhe intelligence thinks it cant handle blogs .... sowhat r they gonna do exactly .. read thru each and every blog in the world ????

yes granted that terrorism shud b fought at eachand every level.. butnot at thecost ofour freedom ...do u really want to alienate and anti-socializethe very law abiding citizens who make up ur city?? it is blog-happy ppl likeus who were killed on the 11th ....it is uswho rusing bloggingas a way to deal with the trauma and anguish we r going thro... plz let us survive the best way v know how ...give us today our daily blog...
posted by Ipshi @ 12:31 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At Tue Jul 18, 01:06:00 pm, Blogger Anush said…

    Ya, it came as a startling announcement. But what's the point in banning when blogs can be accessed like we are right now. Beats the idea completely.

     
  • At Wed Jul 19, 06:28:00 pm, Blogger reona said…

    Hi.
    Yes.I am still keeping being surprised.

    I love your coutry and I have your countries's frind.
    They are very kind and smart.
    Of course you too!!!

    We need hopes and joys if we are in troubles.

    So I hope that you and your friends enjoy the life.

    I look forward to your blog.

    Yeah,it is true.
    I wish I meet with you someday!

    P.S I will send you a post card again.
    I want you to know about my country!

     
  • At Fri Jul 21, 03:23:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you loose your freedoms then the terrorists have won. Freedom of speach is a VERY important!!

    Do youvknow how long this ban will last?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

It is only in my 30s that I have realised I will never be the elegant lady who can wear white without spilling something on it. I recognise my blessings like my family, my friends & my job & I am letting go of my fears of writing & just jumping in. I love my job. It has given me the opportunity to live in a city where I am surrounded by the most amazing friends in the world & the most surreal experiences. It also gives me the opportunity to read great books & travel to fascinating new countries. Join me as I share these with the world.

My fotos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ipshi. Make your own badge here.
My mood right now

Yahoo! Avatars

My Oniomania

Links
Rambles in days gone by
Months of blah
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
 
 

Virtual human development game
free human development game
www.human-age.com