Monday, July 17, 2006
Mumbai's spirit or Nowhere Left to Go?
This world is crumbling around all of us ... and all we can do is hope that the next boulder doesnt crush us under it ...we hear all these horror stories ... the rains, the unruly overgrown and not-so-innocent childish crazies called the Sainiks and now the blasts.

We can only hope that soon the world is taken over by people who dont care about boundaries and what religion is practised ... maybe i hope that the world shud b taken over by women?? maybe we shud b given a chance to work on this world ... after all we believe in hope and not just the hope diamond. back to the main topic however, im really left with just one question ... isnt it obvios to anyone except me that all the politicians r defi involved??

killing everyday ppl doesnt really make a diff to the govt or havent the terrorists noticed ... they just shrug off the deaths .. announce money rewards (how much can that help?) and then go back to their normal routine of bribery and corruption. isnt that wat happened after the last blasts and the rains last year as well? and one thing all politicians just have to do is praise our spirit??

stop patronizing our spirit .. we just r left wit no choice!! u think any sane person wud want to board a train ever again? v dont wanna ... v havta!! we dont want to see our children or nieces grow up in a world where murderers, rapists and terrorists go scot-free!! what can v do? v pray ... that the bus or train we r getting in doesnt hav anything left behind .. that no one hijacks our plane or puts fire to our bus ... just for the fun of it ... the only thing protecting us is plain old luck...

iv been thinking how imp luck is ... if it hadnt
been for the bus service we started ... me and eisha mite have been in the train that day. there are stories of luck everyday in the paper nowadays ... people who missed the unlucky trains cos they got late at work ... people who got off at an earlier stop than usual cos of some work they suddenly remembered ... the list goes on and on ...

All this reminds me of this story written by one of my favorite authors,
Roald Dahl. He had been a pilot with the Royal Air Force in the U.K. and hes written about this one time he was flying a bomber plane .... try to imagine as u read this ...
I'm flying above all these little towns and villages... shud i turn left or right? whose life shud i change wit the next bomb? and whose shud i save?? no human shud b makin those choices ... isnt that for the life-giver to decide?
Posted by Picasa
posted by Ipshi @ 2:46 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At Tue Jul 18, 12:37:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    These days each moment is like a gift from God, had it not been for Him, we wldn't have been here. The only thing that I abhor is the insane and stupid attitude of the govt. At times the human nature to sympathize dies off with the severity and number of events taking place.

    Only pray that our desire to live and let others live does not die out.

     
  • At Tue Jul 18, 12:38:00 pm, Blogger eisha said…

    I completely agree with you Ipshi. The other day I was talking to Bijoy abt how stupid can these politicians be! What spirit are we talking abt, please save from the slogans like 'Salaam Bombay'.
    We are just grateful to God that our loved ones were not a part of those blasts.
    I hope i really hope we cud do something abt it, this seems far deep rooted and i shudder to think where we are heading to.

     
  • At Tue Jul 18, 01:20:00 pm, Blogger Anush said…

    I think I'm turning really callous. Nothing seems to affect me anymore. I've just given up on Bombay. This city seems to be facing every possible problem from pollution, garbage disposal, traffic snarls, slums.... Is there ever going to be a revival from this never ending list of monumental issues? There is just enough happening here without the occurences of such heinous crimes like these. I cannot even imagine the amount of pain undergone by people who've been affected in any possible way last week.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

It is only in my 30s that I have realised I will never be the elegant lady who can wear white without spilling something on it. I recognise my blessings like my family, my friends & my job & I am letting go of my fears of writing & just jumping in. I love my job. It has given me the opportunity to live in a city where I am surrounded by the most amazing friends in the world & the most surreal experiences. It also gives me the opportunity to read great books & travel to fascinating new countries. Join me as I share these with the world.

My fotos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ipshi. Make your own badge here.
My mood right now

Yahoo! Avatars

My Oniomania

Links
Rambles in days gone by
Months of blah
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
 
 

Virtual human development game
free human development game
www.human-age.com