Friday, July 21, 2006
Jon Stewart's Post 911 Speech

One day, there was a blind man sitting on the steps of a building with a sign by his feet, that read: "I am blind, please help." A creative publicist was walking by the blind man and stopped to observe that the man only had a few coins in his hat. He put a few of his own coins in the hat, and without stopping to ask for permission, took the sign, turned it around, and wrote a new message. He then placed the sign by the feet of the blind man, and left. Later that afternoon the creative publicist returned by the blind man and noticed that his hat was almost completely full of bills and coins. The blind man recognized his footsteps and asked if it was him who had changed his sign? He also wanted to know what the man wrote on it? The publicist replied: "I just changed your message so people could relate to it." He wished the man well, said goodbye, and went on his way.

The blind man didn't know it, but his new sign now read:


"TODAY IS SPRING AND I CANNOT SEE IT"

Why don't we have people seeing the horror for what it was and help us get through it rather than pat our spirits and move on wit their lives. Instead of supporting us, they block our blogs!! instead of giving the victims monetary support wr is wondering if the employees who died left before time... GOD bless us all... Everyone!!
posted by Ipshi @ 10:17 am  
4 Comments:
  • At Fri Jul 21, 10:22:00 am, Blogger eisha said…

    Old one, but really nice. trying to download the video...

     
  • At Fri Jul 21, 10:28:00 am, Blogger Josephina/Josie/Jo said…

    Hi, It's such a rendering thought for the day. I think you're growing sweeter and sweeter even in times like these. Nice that I have a friend like you. :-)

     
  • At Sun Jul 23, 04:41:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thx for the clip ... I had not heard of Jon Stewart at that time and never seen this.

    Thx again for the story you posted. I had not read that one before and it is very illustrative.

     
  • At Tue Jul 25, 11:06:00 am, Blogger Airah said…

    hi..

    anyway, thanks for dropping by... :)

    have a nice day! *hugs*

    cheers,
    aiRah

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

It is only in my 30s that I have realised I will never be the elegant lady who can wear white without spilling something on it. I recognise my blessings like my family, my friends & my job & I am letting go of my fears of writing & just jumping in. I love my job. It has given me the opportunity to live in a city where I am surrounded by the most amazing friends in the world & the most surreal experiences. It also gives me the opportunity to read great books & travel to fascinating new countries. Join me as I share these with the world.

My fotos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ipshi. Make your own badge here.
My mood right now

Yahoo! Avatars

My Oniomania

Links
Rambles in days gone by
Months of blah
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
 
 

Virtual human development game
free human development game
www.human-age.com