Tuesday, May 16, 2006
My life in Popomundo
There is this amazing site that iv mentioned before called Popomundo. It basically allows you to live the life of a popstar. u have to do the following while makin sure that ur characters mood and health dont go so down that they land in hospital...
get ur character a job,
make them form a group,
write them songs,
make them practise their songs,
arrange their concerts,
make them practise skills like singing and showmanship etc,
record albums,
make videos and god knows what not!!!

and along with all this u can get tattoos, spray graffiti, become a detective and read other people's dairies, become paparazzi, own companies, stores, clubs, run in elections, become a criminal, arrest a criminal, fall in love, make out and hav children out of wedlock.. get the man u think is the dad to get a paternity test, travel around the world for a world tour, and make a lot of friends !!!!

sounds kool na .. now lemme tell u why im talkin bout all this !!! cos i wrote this article as my popomundo-version -- Toya Mauldin and even tho they hav editors and all there ... IT GOT PUBLISHED !!! here it is people !!! i will explain all the parts u find confusing .. so just ask me what u need to know !!!

My life in Popomundo

Hey Popo people!! Though it's been a long time since I've been trying to make it in New York, I stay depressed!! What can I say... every small thing affects me!!

If my band mate doesn’t talk to me, or I have to read too long ... or someone else buys the book I have my eye on ... or even if I see the huge prices of the books I really really want (like the detective or graffiti ones) or I have a jam session or a show. Everything depresses me.

I know I know... I should go to higher quality places to jam and I should have better shows ... but I need money for all that... or I need to be VIP. Neither of which I can afford. Boohoo!! Don't worry… I am not going to beg … not this publicly anyway.

I improve on my skills every now and then. But I can’t do that for very long either because I just end up sobbing in a corner with the book in my hand. And that’s not very good for the book either. Some I can’t read anymore because the pages are all tear-stained.

When my band-mate joined, I was on a high for a while... but as a male rock star (no matter how bad) he gets all the girls ... why would he be interested in me now??? O what do I do??

I came to Los Angeles for a while and things have just gotten worse! I’m going back home now... I think I need my mommy! I’m sure that I’m going to make it somehow even though I might go up and down the ladder of success. But if u notice me walking down the road sometime ... atleast stop and smile... it might just save me from ending up in hospital!!!

Author: Toya Mauldin
posted by Ipshi @ 9:58 am  
6 Comments:
  • At Tue May 16, 11:08:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOWWWWW...... i am also going to become a pop star now :-)) Toya mauldin haan :-)) hehehehehe. Congrats on the publishing of that piece :-)) Yayyyyyyyyyy.

    Btw....toya mauldin, soon u'll have competition from me and well, more reason to be depressd ;-)) But i might just join ur band and make u happy always :-)) hehhehehhehehe.

     
  • At Tue May 16, 12:26:00 pm, Blogger Anush said…

    Hey Toya, stop being so depressed. I'm sure you'll get popular soon, have lotsa money, and male attention.

    Besides, with Ipshi being the real you, man, you have to feel chirpy soon. :)

     
  • At Tue May 16, 02:31:00 pm, Blogger eisha said…

    i second anush or anooosha in this. With ipshi being you, you are bound to bounce back and that to with a bang!

    all the best Toya, in btw, congrats Ipshi on the publishing of ur write up.

     
  • At Tue May 16, 09:15:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Initially i used to find d whole concept very crappy.. However once i registered for it, it made sense to me, however some things are still strictly against what i would do in life.. Anyway lets not get there! The 'moo' point is .. Someone hasn't taught me stuff.. Nevertheless, im really really happy abt ur article bein published..here's to u n ur piece of work, Ms Toya Mauldin!

     
  • At Fri May 26, 01:52:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »

     
  • At Mon May 29, 02:04:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I like this combination of info and colours, itmakes it so alive and great-looking. Ipshi, I think you make this corner alive. Just remain yourself!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

It is only in my 30s that I have realised I will never be the elegant lady who can wear white without spilling something on it. I recognise my blessings like my family, my friends & my job & I am letting go of my fears of writing & just jumping in. I love my job. It has given me the opportunity to live in a city where I am surrounded by the most amazing friends in the world & the most surreal experiences. It also gives me the opportunity to read great books & travel to fascinating new countries. Join me as I share these with the world.

My fotos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ipshi. Make your own badge here.
My mood right now

Yahoo! Avatars

My Oniomania

Links
Rambles in days gone by
Months of blah
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
 
 

Virtual human development game
free human development game
www.human-age.com