Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Travel the world with me....
There is so much to explore in this world ... so much to experience and so much to see... this my dream list .. lets start off on a geographic tone ... and start from the north!!



the Northern Lights - science says that when the high-energy charged particles given off by the sun collide with the gases in the ionosphere they start to glow. These are the Auroras. But in Finnish they are called "revontulet", which means "fox fires" a name derived from an ancient fable of the arctic fox starting fires. They are so beautiful ...



Then we will talk of the Ngorongoro crater ... nice name huh? It's the eighth wonder of the world and is around 8,300 sq km big, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area in Tanzania has volcanoes, waterfalls and forests which are home to animals which are extinct elsewhere and to the Maasai tribe.



we'll come home to Mt. Everest then .. the tallest mountain in the world ... the high of being somewhere where ur looking down at everyone (literally) must be very exhilarating!! However not many ppl know that the the Challenger Deep, located in the Mariana Trench, is so deep that Everest would have more than 2 km of water over it.



The deep reminds me of the Russian Lake Baikal, which is the largest and deepest fresh-water lake in the world. It harbors more species of plants and animals and is fed by 336 rivers and streams.



And streams reminds me of the highest "streams" ever .. the Zambian Victoria Falls. It is the ultimate outdoor experience.. it has rafting, bungeeing, canoeing, and the bestest is the amazing wildlife safaris!!



From water to land ... the Ayer Rock or Uluru is considered the largest monolith in the world. Made of sandstone, Uluru is amazing at sunset, when its color appears to change from red to purple. About 70 million years ago it was an island in a large lake.



From a rocky place to the "crocky" place, The Everglades National Park in Florida. It is the only place in the world where alligators and crocodiles exist side by side. Today, however, the water is diverted for human needs like drinking water and irrigation. The park is under threat... so go see it before it disappears...



And now we wander to a place where the only water u'll see will be a mirage (a trick that your eyes play on you), The african Sahara desert. However, it wasn't always like that, once water was quite abundant in the Sahara. Fossils, bone harpoons, and shells have been found near remains of giraffe, elephant, buffalo, antelopes, rhinoceros, and fish.



from hardly any water to under-water ... The Great Barrier Reef.. this is the best way to experience it!! hopefully it'll stay that way by the time i get to see it ....



That brings us to the Amazon Rainforest, which is made up of rainforests, seasonal forests, deciduous forests, flooded forests, and savannas. The Amazon river's daily freshwater discharge into the Atlantic is enough to supply New York City's freshwater needs for nine years.



and last comes Arizona's Grand Canyon which is a great chasm carved over millennia through the rocks of the Colorado Plateau by the Colorado river. It must be so amazing to look at the gentle force of nature ... that somehow and someday, time will find a way...
posted by Ipshi @ 4:30 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At Fri Jul 28, 07:29:00 pm, Blogger eisha said…

    amazing!!! its just too good, too good for words.
    though u have made ur blog pretty heavy, takes alot of time to download, but worth every minute spent.
    where the hell did u search for such beautiful images, no wait, where the 'heaven' did u search :)

    who wud mind reading a travelogue like that. luv ur ideas, ur creativity and the way u express urself.
    Mind blowing!

     
  • At Fri Jul 28, 07:34:00 pm, Blogger Ipshi said…

    thanks .. i just wanted the blog to come alive for the travelogues ... iv been pretty google happy the past couple of days .. whenever i cud get a chance:) thanks a lot eisha :)

     
  • At Mon Jul 31, 09:48:00 am, Blogger Anush said…

    Your page is no more like a blog, its like a website. Everytime I visit it, there seems to be something new.

    The moving images idea is great. And the pictures are really nice too. Shows that a lot of effort has gone behind it. :)

     
  • At Tue Aug 01, 01:04:00 pm, Blogger Josephina/Josie/Jo said…

    i feel so good and bright after looking at these images. Actually, it makes me wanting more.The hard work reall looks great and it seems you have a flair for designing. A colorful mind indeed.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

It is only in my 30s that I have realised I will never be the elegant lady who can wear white without spilling something on it. I recognise my blessings like my family, my friends & my job & I am letting go of my fears of writing & just jumping in. I love my job. It has given me the opportunity to live in a city where I am surrounded by the most amazing friends in the world & the most surreal experiences. It also gives me the opportunity to read great books & travel to fascinating new countries. Join me as I share these with the world.

My fotos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ipshi. Make your own badge here.
My mood right now

Yahoo! Avatars

My Oniomania

Links
Rambles in days gone by
Months of blah
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
 
 

Virtual human development game
free human development game
www.human-age.com