Monday, June 25, 2007
I've amazed myself!!
This friday... after coming back from a full day of work... i actually shopped for groceries and made pasta for myself!! For people accustomed to my laziness, this will come as a shock. And not only did i make a pasta .. with it I made a sauce very different from my usual pasta with vegetables in tomato sauce. I made it from spinach.. from scratch!!

How? Why? I don't really know... What I do know is that I have been reading a lot of food blogs especially one thats written by Joey and i love every bit of it... and I finally galvanized myself to do something about it...

Penne with Spinach and Capsicum (for one)

100 gms penne
20 spinach leaves
2 small capsicums
1 small onion
2 cloves of garlic
5 leaves of basil (tulsi)
olive oil, salt and pepper, chili powder to taste
Cook penne till al dente (this must be the first sentence of every pasta recipe no?)Make a coarse paste of the spinach and basil in a food processor. Take olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Saute till the onion turns pink and add the spinach paste. Add salt, pepper and chili powder to taste. Keep stirring till cooked (won't take too much time). Add the penne and toss. I add the capsicum at this point as I like the capsicum nice and crunchy. And ur done!!
Please let me know what u thot of my first food post... i really really wanna know!! This has been accepted by Ruth who writes Once upon a Feast for her Presto Pasta Nights!!! Yipppeeeeeeeee!! And it's gonna b part of this week's recipes!!

Labels:

posted by Ipshi @ 2:48 pm  
11 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

It is only in my 30s that I have realised I will never be the elegant lady who can wear white without spilling something on it. I recognise my blessings like my family, my friends & my job & I am letting go of my fears of writing & just jumping in. I love my job. It has given me the opportunity to live in a city where I am surrounded by the most amazing friends in the world & the most surreal experiences. It also gives me the opportunity to read great books & travel to fascinating new countries. Join me as I share these with the world.

My fotos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ipshi. Make your own badge here.
My mood right now

Yahoo! Avatars

My Oniomania

Links
Rambles in days gone by
Months of blah
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
 
 

Virtual human development game
free human development game
www.human-age.com